PRICING OF HOME INSPECTIONS
A home purchase is likely to be the single most expensive investment that an individual may make in their lifetime. Shopping for the lowest price for a home inspection is something that should not be a leading factor on choosing your Professional Home Inspector. Choosing the cheaper inspection company can prove to be a very costly mistake. Our pricing is based on our Experience, Expertise, Technical Knowledge, Continued Education-(CE), and full coverage by insurance. Our professional and detailed inspection reports have saved many or our clients hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
We recommend that you interview your potential home inspection company and ask pertinent questions like:
- How long have you been in business conducting professional inspections? How many inspections has your company conducted?
- Are the inspectors conducting the inspection in a manner which is “Certified” by a recognized professional organization? What Standards of Practice are used and does the inspector have an active membership with the organization for which the standards are used? (There are many inspectors claiming to be “Certified,” but this may be done simply by taking an online test.)
- Does the home inspector stay up to date with his/her Education and Training?
- How and when does the inspector provide the inspection report to the client?
- Most importantly– Is the Home Inspection Company covered by any General Liability Insurance and do they an active E & O Policy? (If not, the client that hires the inspector and/or the referring real estate agent may be on the hook for any accidents or problems caused during or after the home inspection process.)
Be prepared with the following information when calling to schedule your home inspection so that we may be able to assist you on pricing a quote for your inspection. There are several determining factors for our pricing, such as:
- Age of the home and its original construction date. (Older homes may take more time.)
- The total listed square footage of the home.
- How many bedrooms/bathrooms are listed and, if there are any other additional rooms included within the home.
- Type of construction – Slab on grade, Crawlspace, Attic.
- Location of the property.
- Components within the home that my take additional time for example: One or more Fireplace(s), Multiple Air Conditioning, Electrical distribution systems, Etc.
What’s included with our Inspection-
- Experienced Professional Inspection evaluation by our highly trained inspector(s).
- On site, Same Day, detailed written computerized report including digital pictures documenting the home.
- Technical support for as long as you own your home.
*Price quotes for inspection are estimates only. All estimates are based on our experience with the “Average” home and information provided to us at time of scheduling. The actual cost and length of inspection is determined by several factors such as age, size, components, systems and the extent of damage and accessibility to building.